Time has been passing by so quickly. I’d definitely call this one of the most difficult seasons of my life, but it’s been a whirlwind. If I focus on the season as a whole, it’s like watching paint dry. But really? I keep looking back and thinking, “Well, that happened fast!”
Like today. My baby is eight months old. And two days ago? My other baby “turned” two-and-a-half years old. I still cannot believe it. Every day I can’t believe it. Where does the time go?
For the sake of documenting, I wanted to make note of a few (incredibly cute) things Forrest is doing with his eight-month-old self.
– He actually calls me “Mama.” Sometimes it’s a long string of “Mamamamamamama!” and other times, it’s just a simple “Mama.” I love, love, love it.
– He has one adorable little tooth. I can’t tell if the other one will pop up anytime soon, but honestly, I don’t mind waiting because this kid does not teethe well.
– He’s really, really grabby. I have to be so careful whenever I sit down/go near a countertop/all the time because he’s fast. He will snatch something up so quick that I’ll be totally unaware until I look at him and realize he’s gnawing on a glass plate. (Just kidding. But seriously. He’s fast.)
– He loves his brother. If Jack so much as smiles at him, Forrest cannot contain his excitement. He bounces up and down, squeals, and beams right back. People, this melts my heart.
– He can sit up now, but I still keep pillows around him (or I sit behind him) to make sure he doesn’t get hurt. He has a tendency to lunge himself toward a toy he can’t reach. I realize that this is a natural thing to do as he learns to crawl, but still, the lunging is a little scary. 🙂 Today, he sat on his own and played with some toys for an hour. It was amazing!
– He still doesn’t eat solid food, and I don’t really have plans to start him any time soon. Or rather, I should say that I plan to start him whenever he sincerely seems ready (grabbing at food doesn’t necessarily mean he’s ready). He’s eaten sweet potatoes and bananas several different times, but he doesn’t really seem to care one way or another, and he nurses allthetime. So I’m cool with it!
– He prefers to be held by me. I love that, of course, but sometimes I do kinda sorta wish he’d be just as happy with his daddy so that I could catch a little break. Usually he’ll allow someone else to hold him if I’m not within his sight. If he sees me, though, it’s ovah. Oh well. I’ll soak it up while I can.
I’m sure he does a lot of other noteworthy things but at the moment, it’s hard to focus because MY THROAT HURTS AGAIN. Yeah. We’re on the mend, but there’s some lingering sickness and I’m just so done. Why won’t it go away?
I want to talk a little bit about Jack soon, too, but that will have to wait. I think I can hear my bed calling to me…