I got this from Lindsey’s site 🙂 Thanks, Linds!
Confessions of a twenty-something mom:
– One of my biggest pet-peeves is open cabinets. I hate it when anyone looks around for something in a cabinet and then leaves the door open after they’re finished. Drives me nuts!
– I almost always prefer to be at home than anything else. I like having people over, I like making good dinners, and I like hanging out. But I just want to do it at home.
– When we lived in Texas, our old dryer only blew cold air for the first 6 months we lived there – which made it hard to get laundry done – and one time, we went to the laundromat and actually washed 12 loads of laundry in one day. Ouch.
– One of my secret (not so secret anymore!) favorite movies is Goldmember, the 3rd Austin Powers movie. I love all the cheesy humor.
– I don’t “allow” Jack to wear sports clothing…I am totally fine with it if he chooses to do sports later on in his life, but right now, he’s a baby, and he doesn’t care about sports. Now, music is a different story…. 🙂
– I sleep with a nightlight on in our master bedroom. I hate not being able to see if I happen to wake up in the middle of the night!
– I got my bellybutton pierced when I was 14 years old, and wore it until I was pregnant. Now, I am so stretch-marked that I will neither wear a belly ring or a bikini again. And actually, I’m fine with that.
– Ryan is 5 years older than me, and we shared our first kiss when I was still only 17 (almost 18) and he was 23 *gasp* and boy was it great! 🙂
– I have Ryan’s name tattooed to my forearm on a banner inside a vintage-looking heart. I plan on getting a fairly large tattoo on my upper back and neck soon, as well as beginning a tattoo on my other forearm that will eventually include all of my children’s first and middle names.
– I recently heard someone quote, “When you encounter God, you almost always go through an identity crisis,” and that’s where I feel like I’m at right now. The cool part about it, though, is that I’m encountering God. 🙂
– I love sugar cereal. I rarely eat it, but it’s one of my comfort foods.
– And so are french fries – a food that I’ve been forced, due to medical issues, to swear off for life.
– Popcorn jellybeans are my all-time favorite candy!! As a teenager, I used to by them by the bagful in the jellybean section at the grocery store. They’re still my weakness!
That’s all! Enjoy, and show me your confessions on your blogs!